Monday, September 13, 2010

Was Blind but Now I See

Everyone is in a different stage in life and learning different things at different levels. [That is why we shouldn't EVER judge other people's decisions because we simple do not know where they are at in their own personal development--but that's a topic for another day].

I pray often. I used to be able to pray and just receive, that simple. But as my understanding has grown of who I am and who I should become as a person and daughter of a loving Father in Heaven, the way I pray and what I ask for has changed quite a bit.

I had an experience this morning that taught me a lot about my attitude when I pray and ask for something.

We are in the middle of a big move. Most of our stuff is boxed up, and will stay boxed up for quite some time until we settle down. I was looking for something that I needed now, this was last week. I was very overwhelmed with our move and things seemed very chaotic in my mind. My patience was low, and I was very frustrated.

Of course I prayed that I would find what I was looking for, and I fully expected that I would find it. But I didn't.

A few days later, after my emotions had calmed down a bit and I was a bit less overwhelmed, I felt at peace that I would find what I was looking for, and basically to just chill out a bit. This scared me cause I didn't know if it meant that I wouldn't find it but that it was ok, or that I would eventually find it. So I just chilled out a bit for a few days and stopped thinking about it so much.

This morning, I felt great. My daughter went down for a nap, and so I decided to would go out and look for these items once again. The thought of having to go out and sift through everything again was overhwleming, but I didn't let it get to me.
About 10 minutes after I got into the storage area, I found the box I was looking for!
There it was, right in front of my face, labeled as I knew I had labeled it, in the box that I thought it would be in.

Why did I not see this before??? I literally turned everything upside down just a week prior, and I did not see it sitting there right in front of my eyes. I learned a lot from this small experience, and although it wasn't something I needed that was life changing, it was important to me at this time.



It's good to pray, but even better to be in the right attitude and spirit when we ask for something. It's like whinning and crying that we want something, but never stopping and standing still to actually listen for the directives to get what it is we are wanting/needing.
"Be still and know that I am God"

No comments: