Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blessings of today

Today could have been a horrible day. Actually, I went back and forth in my mind and my attitude about whether or not it was going to be a horrible day or not.

This morning, the dryer broke. I put little guy's shoes in it to dry, and then boom...it went bonkers. I was on the phone with my sister while hubby was trying to fix the machine with frustration. I was frustrated too. We have no income, and now we have to buy a new dryer? COME ON!! Calling my sister was my way out of anger. I decided to put her on hold, and hold a small prayer, a sincere prayer, praying that hubby would be guided to fix the machine. And guess what...3 minutes later it was fixed. He found 2 toys melted inside the dryer...made me laugh.

The place was a disaster this afternoon and baby girl cried from the van all the way up to our floor. Actually, she screamed bloody murder. Silent prayer. Put her in her room, and she fell asleep. I then pleaded for hubby to leave and do his work at the library. While he was gone and while baby girl was sleeping, I made banana muffins, dinner, and brownies...it felt good.

Tonight at our Youth activity, it fell apart. My brother didn't show up to babysit, so we took the kids. Baby girl was clingy and little guy fell apart about 5 times. Like, completely fell apart. The plans for the activity went totally wrong...and my initial thoughts and feelings were frustration and anger. Silent prayer. The night was dealt with patience and we changed our plans and played games instead...it was fun.

Lesson learned...blessings are everywhere and it's up to us to recognize them. I could have easily ended the day in frustration in stress. Instead I have seen the blessings and tender mercies given to me by a loving Father in Heaven who hears and answers our prayers.